Saturday, July 17, 2010

Beale St, Memphis TN

Next to my hotel

From the Dixon gallery on the East side of Memphis my next destination was practically on the Mississippi River. I had a hotel room overlooking Beale St, the home of the blues and a source of non stop music. Fortunately the hotel includes a parking garage since Beale St parking is difficult to find except for the very expensive parking garages.


On the street despite the daylight there was a crowd, plenty of beer and blues music.
Big Ass Beer & Music
BB Kings club



Street Music was as plentiful as the beer. Every 50 feet or so music was being made on the street.
Street Blues Music. Great stuff!!!

November 6th Street!!!

Statue of Elvis corner of Nov 6th and Beale
I'm glad to see at least one city on my journey has a street honoring this most important date. Yes, the corner of Nov 6th and Beale even has an Elvis sculpture. Hail to all those born Nov 6th, may they live long and prosper well.