Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer 2010 Coast to Coast Journey

In the summer of 2010 Libbie and I decided to help our Son with repairs of his first home. He and our daughter-in-law purchased an as-is short sale in Huntington Beach, CA and asked if we would help remodel. I looked into flying into the Southwestern US, renting a car, visiting some National Parks, staying in Huntington Beach then flying home from LA but the rental car drop off charges were astronomical. In addition, I wanted to bring some of my tools to California and flying them would be difficult. Another reason for the trip was because I had never driven this far before and wanted to satisfy a curiosity about a coast to coast drive so I went for it.  With the help of Google Search and Google Maps I planned a trip designed to maximize exposure to horticulture, art and music. This blog space will serve as a documentary of my travels.